Marble/Van Haelewyn-Richards Preserve
In 1988, Hendrick Van Haelewyn donated the northern portion of the preserve (27.5 acres) in memory of his mother, Isabel Yardley Marble. The property came into her ownership in 1920. She loved being outside, and Mr. Van Haelewyn wished for the public to enjoy the open space as much as she did.
In 1993, the southern part of the preserve (17 acres) passed into Land Trust ownership by the three children of Mariana Richards in memory of their mother. The two properties are now part of one dynamic, intertwined landscape.
Highlights of Marble/Van Haelewyn-Richard Preserve
A large rock, accessible by the edge of the trail, which overlooks scenic treetops.
Slow moving river.
Wildlife such as toads.