Fall Guided Hike
In Partnership with the Woodcock Nature Center
Saturday, October 17 & 24, 2020, from 10:00 - 11:30 AM
A Fall Guided Hike:
Co-Hosted by the WLCT and the Woodcock Nature Center
Saturday, October 17 & 24, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
This educational hike will be offered for two days:
Hike 1 - Saturday 10/17/2020 - 10:00 - 11:30 am (limited to 12 hikers) Sorry, this event is full
Hike 2 - Saturday 10/24/2020 - 10:00 - 11:30 am (limited to 12 hikers) Sorry, this event is full
Hike 3 - Saturday 10/24/2020 - Time is TBD - (opened due to high demand - limited to our waitlisted hikers)
REGISTRATION REQUIRED — Book Now!
Oct. 17 — https://tinyurl.com/y4m8jkqd - Sorry, this event is full
Oct. 24 — https://tinyurl.com/y4gqlspo Sorry, this event is full
Where and parking:
The hike starts and ends at the Nick Parisot Memorial Trail kiosk located at 77 Tito Lane.
Please park along the edge of the road beside the meadow.
To ensure proper social distancing: each hike is limited to just 12 participants. Registration is required, and tickets are first-come, first-serve. If there is a high enough demand, we may open un an afternoon hike on October 24, for our waitlisted hikers. Masks and physical distancing are required of all participants attending this program. Anyone not cooperating with this practice can be asked to leave.
The hike is set for drizzle or shine. In the event of thunderstorms, or unsafe conditions, the hike may be rescheduled.
Why go guided?
This guided hike offers its guests the unique opportunity to fully experience the area, maximize your time by going with experts, and learn about nature and wildlife in Wilton's and the role you can play in protecting it. Our guests consistently tell us that the other people on their hike added tremendously to their enjoyment. Each stop has been carefully assessed to ensure that participants experience various landscapes, ecosystems, and lots of scenic beauty: so bring your cameras!
About the Nick Parisot Memorial Trail:
The Nick Parisot Memorial Trail delicately meanders through existing open spaces in north Wilton. The trail serves to reinforce community connections, offer visitors sanctuary, and a respite from their busy lives, and is a living monument to remind its travelers of Nick Parisot.
What can I expect to learn and see on the hike?
- Our hour and a half guided nature tour will be led by staff naturalists and illuminates the diverse wildlife, native plants, invasive plants, and Wilton’ss rural beauty along the Nick Parisot Memorial Trail.
- Throughout the tour, hikers will learn about forest, meadow, and riparian ecosystems.
- Participants will gain amazing sights and insights into Wilton's land-use history, native plants, and possibly spot some wildlife.
Health and safety:
We want all of our guests to enjoy their time as much as possible. To ensure comfort, maximum enjoyment, and relaxation, all participants should be able to participate in a moderate short-duration hike.
What do I need to bring?
- Please wear comfortable attire and closed-toed walking shoes.
- Stay hydrated by packing a water bottle. *There are no restrooms.
- Don't forget to bring a camera and binoculars to enhance your experience and viewing pleasure.
- Weather depending, you may want to bring a rain jacket.
- Anything needed to make you comfortable and happy.